Redoing My Bathroom On A Budget Part 1!

 


Hi, Hello there. I'm back. Again. So things have been a little bit busy for me as I'm starting to struggle with juggling work, fun, adulting, etc. It's been a little difficult to keep everything in order and I'm going to be honest, it's been stressful and draining. I've been letting a lot of things kind of slip or sit on the back burner.

It makes me pretty sad to know I haven't been giving my blog as much attention as I'm wanting to and I've been feeling a little bit defeated by the thought. I love my little blog even if there are only two humans that read it (hi, mom). But here's my attempt to try getting things back in order by bringing you a quick DIY bathroom makeover. On a budget, of course. We're not made of money. We just like to look like it. ENJOY!!

First thing's first, what my bathroom looks like currently. Well. not currently anymore but at the time before I changed it I mean. Anyhoo. I didn't really have much of a theme for my bathroom, just more of a color palette that I wasn't really feeling once I moved into my new apartment a few months back. I kept it for a while just thinking maybe I needed to just get used to my new space but as time went on, I just didn't love it anymore. I needed some change, as if I needed even more than I was already getting. 

It felt cluttered and boring and too dark. I needed something lighter and cleaner and for some reason, I've become obsessed with having everything white. I just think it looks clean and organized as well as bright. The hardware and cabinets in my bathroom are pretty dark already so the black I had in my bathroom just made it so gloomy. It needed some light and love.

Obviously, I needed to hit up the thrift stores. The first few things I bought, were these two storage books and this little holder. I wasn't sure what theme at the time I was going to do for my bathroom but I knew I wanted to do mostly white accents. I knew I was going to paint them white so five dollars later, I was making progress. 


Basically, these were going to be the very first things to jumpstart by bathroom makeover. I was getting inspired by the old classic feel both of these items had and I really wanted to do a theme that was different but also inspired by something I really love. I ended up finding some beautiful candle holders with crystals hanging from them in three different heights (forgot to take a picture of them but haven't used them yet in my bathroom so CHILL) and I thought it looked very Parisian. I actually have a sign in my bathroom that literally says my slogan in life "I'd Rather Be in Paris". And that's when I had my inspiration. I'd come up with my theme!

So as if it couldn't be more obvious, I decided I was going to do a Chanel theme for my bathroom. YAY. First, I started off with painting the logo and one side of this holder black to get things started. I also found this really cool vintage perfume bottle. Yay for fun unique things.

After I painted the holder, I went onto Pinterest, the holy grail, to figure out what I was actually going to do with it. I wasn't sure what to put in it so I did some digging and found so many beautiful pictures of people who made Chanel boxes, bags, etc, and filled them with white roses. I THOUGHT IT WAS GENIOUS. So I ran to the dollar store (I freaking LOVE that store) and bought some flowers. 

Fun fact, the black roses were actually Halloween themed with eyeballs and spiders in between the petals but I popped those off to have just the plain black roses. But if you want to see what I did with all those, stay tuned on my blog *winks*.


Once I painted the book boxes, the holder and changed my shower curtain, my bathroom was pretty much done. TA-DA. Super short and sweet. Now I have plenty of other ideas I want to add into my bathroom so stay tuned for what I do next!

I kept the same black rugs and towels since it matched the Chanel theme but I'm so happy with how bright the curtain made my bathroom. It looks so much better and brighter now that there's a lot more white to balance out the dark finishes of the cabinets. 

For my storage books, I put them on top of my jewelry box since the jewelry box comes off in layers so I don't have to constantly take the books on and off to get to my rings and things.


I also put my container of roses onto and added my perfume bottles (the only two I own) and I feel like it really pulled everything together nicely. I just love how my bathroom looks already and I'm excited to actually finish it off! I haven't been able to finish it quickly so hopefully, that will change as I have just a few more things I want to do to complete my bathroom and get it to exactly how I want it to look. But anyhoo, I really hope you guys enjoy this post and until next time!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Top Categories